Your email signature is a direct representation of the university’s viewpoint. Use basic contact information and include assigned fonts and colors only.
This can be copied and pasted into your email client.
FIRSTNAME LASTNAME, Title
The University of Texas at Austin | Department | 512-XXX-XXXX | utexas.edu
Email Signature Specification
- Type Size: 10pt
- Typeface: Arial
- Colors: Orange (RGB 191, 87, 0 or #bf5700) and Gray (RGB 51, 63, 72 or #333F48)
Include the following information:
- The University of Texas at Austin
- College/school or department
- Phone number
- UT or CSU Website (optional)
Email Signature Tips
- Use a physical address only if it is necessary for your job.
- Use the main phone number where you want to be reached; do not include a fax number.
- Manually input the colors to get the official UT colors. Do not select an orange or gray from the basic color menu.
- Do not add extra icons, logos, taglines or social media image links to your signature; images can come across as attachments and appear chaotic, and many email clients and mobile devices block them.
- Personal quotations or philosophical statements should not be included as part of your signature. Your email signature is a direct representation of the university’s viewpoint.