Units are not permitted to customize the University Brand Bar; the specifications described in these guidelines may not be altered, and additional elements such as search bars and buttons are prohibited from the University Brand Bar.
University Communications reserves the right to request adjustment or removal of any University Brand Bars or similarly functioning features that fail to satisfactorily follow these guidelines.
- Height: 34px
- Width: 100% wide across browser window
- Background color: HEX #BF5700 or #333F48
- Knockout version of Informal Signature (shield and “TEXAS”):
- File format: SVG with PNG fallback
- Color: #FFFFFF
- Display size: 112x25px
- Top margin size: 5px between top edge of the shield and top of the page
- Bottom margin size: 4px between bottom edge of shield and bottom of the brand bar
- Alignment: right edge of University Brand Bar or right interior edge of page content
- Alt text: The University of Texas at Austin
- Link: http://www.utexas.edu
Responsively Designed Sites
If your site is responsive, the University Brand Bar must appear on all pages and at all browser sizes, with slight modifications to the configuration at tablet/mobile sizes.
We recommend that the tablet configuration triggers at the 1025px breakpoint. It should match the desktop configuration specs with the exception of the Informal Signature alignment; at tablet size, the Informal Signature must be centered horizontally, with equal margins on the right and left sides. The brand bar should remain visible when you scroll down the page.
We recommend that the mobile configuration triggers at the 641px breakpoint. It should match the desktop configuration specs with the exception of the Information Signature alignment; at mobile size, the Informal Signature must be centered horizontally, with equal margins on the right and left sides. The brand bar should appear when users are at the top of the page on mobile, but may disappear as users scroll down the page to preserve screen real estate.
Parent College/School Link Configuration (Optional)
Subsidiary entities such as departments, centers and institutes wishing to provide a link back to their primary parent entity (i.e., the college or school with which they are affiliated) may do so on the left side of the University Brand Bar. The parent link may be visible at desktop size only and should not appear in the University Brand Bar on mobile.
- Size: 14px
- Font: Charis or GT Sectra
- Color: #FFFFFF
- Case: Title case
- Horizontal Alignment: Left edge of University Brand Bar or left interior edge of page content (to mirror placement of Informal Signature)
- Vertical Alignment: Center